I had a rough week. We had a death in our circle of friends. Those kinds of weeks are never fun. Despite the sadness this week, there has been lots of good. That is what I am focusing on today.
1. I got to hang out with Lo today. He needed new shoes, so we went shopping together. We talked about school, his friends, how farts are made, and what he wants to be when he grows up. The typical stuff with a 6 year old boy! He is a great kid! He loves crafts with a passion! He has been making woven pot holders, melty bead animals, and all kinds of cards. He helped me pick out embroidery thread colors today. He begged me to let him sew with me. I am going to get him a scrap piece of fabric and teach him some basic stitches.
2. Wy says the funniest things. He can’t say “fingers”. He says, “Sing-gers”. Sometimes they are “singers”. It makes me giggle. He calls marshmallows “smushmallows”. He calls fistbumps “piss-pumps” (we have been working on that). Besides his unique pronunciation, he just lives in his imagination. He makes me laugh all the time. In the picture above, he is eating his fourth piece of pizza. If he could, he would eat pizza for every meal!
3. I am really loving the Cables and Twists pattern. We have a lady in our knitting group who is very ill. We are making a prayer shawl for her. Each member of our group is making a 8 1/2 x 11 rectangle. I decided to use this pattern with a larger needle. It is almost the perfect size. It is a clever pattern. It looks a lot more complicated that it really is.
4. I am also loving embroidery. I have a ganglion cyst on my wrist. It is bothering me for the last two days (I had it surgically removed several years ago. It comes back from time to time, but it doesn’t hit the nerve like it did before). I have not been able to knit or crochet (leaving my square only as done as you see in the picture). Since I can’t do that, I decided to make a sampler. I am doing the Spring Sampler from the motifs book I got. I have only done one color (DMC 907 for those who may wonder). I am learning all kinds of things (chain stitch, stem stitch, and lazy daisy stitch…all learned yesterday)! I am just using a scrap piece of linen. I doubt I will do anything with it. Maybe I will frame it. Mostly, I just want to be able to practice without having to worry about perfection.
5. My husband is the best. Right now, he is learning how to write Android Apps. Why would he do that? Because I want an app that helps me keep track of what colors of embroidery floss I have. There isn’t anything out there, so he is figuring out how to make me what I want! That is love!
I have a pretty great life!